Thursday, May 19, 2011

INTRODUCTION

My name is Daniel Arnold and I am a student in Mr. Gallagher’s Facing History class. I am eighteen years old, and I senior at Westborough High School . I was the captain of the varsity Hockey team and one of my favorite things to do is mountain bike through trails. The reason why I chose to take the Facing History Course was because I wanted to learn more about how the Nazi’s were able to come to power, and then attempt to eliminate an entire group of people from the world. I wanted look at all the details into how they came into power, and the reasons why they decided to kill millions of Jews using death camps. Facing History is a coarse that went into great detail on how the Nazi party was created, fought and won power over Germany , and was able to create and carry out the act of death concentration camps exterminating millions of innocent people. The course also covers the Jim Crow era in the United States and the harsh racial tensions in the south as well as the north during the civil rights movement. The last major event that the coarse discusses and studies is the Armenian Genocide and why it occurred. Although the course covers some disturbing topics, this course is extremely important for students before they go off into the world as an adult. Students need to be exposed to the horrific events in the past so that history such as the events covered in this course can never happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment